How many can you tick off?
1. Change your passwords every 3 months.
2. Log out of your applications when there not in use.
3. Don’t use the same password for lots of accounts.
4. Update your devices with the latest software updates.
5. Don’t use wifi hotspots that do not need to be verified.
6. Enable password protection on your devices.
7. Get to know whats in the privacy policies of the popular social media sites.
Source: EMC Privacy index survey.
This checklist has certainly given me a heads up about what I am not doing very well on at the moment and also given me a couple of ideas of what I need to think about speaking to my children about.
Online safety for me is only part of the picture. Building digital citizens who express positive behaviour online, are ethical and have a community orientation is also a must.
What do you think? Please do share in the comments below.